Thursday, September 21, 2006

What's the Big Deal?

I love my energy drinks. Usually it doesn't matter what kind of energy drink it is, I'll drink it. Some personal preferences are Monster, Red Bull, Donkey Kick, and Jolt (that's right, it has made a comeback!). Even though I prefer those, I'll drink just about anything from MDX to Rock Star to Bawls to Tab Energy.

They all have pretty funny names when you think about it. Bawls? Donkey Kick? Red Bull? All pretty out there names if you ask me. And now there's a new kid on the block--Cocaine. After reading up on some of the facts on the drink, I think it may now be my new favorite energy drink, regardless of how it tastes.

If you look at the charts in the link you'll see that it has a whopping 33.33 milligrams of caffeine per ounce. My current favorite, Monster, only has 8.75 milligrams per ounce. Cocaine packs in almost four times the concentration of caffeine per ounce! Holy crap pants is that nuts. It's almost like drinking straight espresso.

Unfortunately, it is getting a fair share of bad press because of the name. They claim it is going to promote drug use or make drug use look cool. Seriously? If an energy drink leads you doing hardcore drugs, then something is wrong with you in the first place. It's like saying Donkey Kick is promoting animal abuse or that Jolt is promoting electocution and shock therapy. Come on. It's a clever name. What they should have really named it, though, is Speed. That's probably a little more accurate.

Now I just have to figure out how to get my hands on this stuff...

No comments: