Monday, December 18, 2006

Support Freedom of Speech

One of the main forms of media that comes under fire, especially in recent years, in regards to content is comic books. More often than not, because they are often viewed as "children's entertainment", their content is often brought into question and has oft been attempted to be censored. I support the comic book and graphic novel medium for telling stories and I support free speech.

I bring this up because Yet Another Comics Blog is running a drive to help fund the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund, which has been responsible for fighting censorship wherever it arises in relation to comic books, graphic novels, or the comic art form in general. I have thrown my hat into the ring and donated proudly. I'm not going to tell you what to do with your money, but it's only $25 (which is like a week's worth of lattes) and goes towards a cause that I personally believe in. You may not, but if you do, consider donating.

No comments: