Friday, January 05, 2007

A Big Reading Pile

A Big Stack

I'm a nerd. I love comics. Glad I got that out of the way. I love comics so much that I preorder everything that I want to get three months in advance through DCBService. In doing so I save a TON of money. Everything is at least 30% off cover, and a lot of the time I preorder graphic novels for 50% off of cover over more. It's pretty slick.

Once a month, everything that was released in that month's time, along with any back order items I may have ordered, are shipped to me in one package. Usually that consists of 20-30 comic books and a graphic novel or two. This month, however, when I returned from Chicago I saw the biggest box I'd ever seen from DCBService waiting for me.

When I opened it up, I found that just about every graphic novel I'd ordered in the last 5 months was released in December so they got shipped to me this last week. And three of these weren't your average graphic novel, they were gigantic compendium editions, each collecting 50 issues of a series. What was great about preordering them was that instead of paying the cover price of $59.99 each, they cost me $24.99 each. How often can you get 150 issues of comics goodness for under $75? Almost never!

Now I just need time to read through the contents of the Tomb Raider, The Darkness, and the Witchblade compendiums you see above. I set them next to a DVD case set up the long way so you could tell how huge of a stack of comics goodness arrived in the mail. It was like Christmas a week after the holiday. Awesome.

No comments: