Friday, January 05, 2007

Post Holiday Depression

I don't know if I'm the only sufferer of PHD (Post Holiday Depression), but every year without fail, I find myself in a state of mild depression after the holidays are over. My guess is that once all of the family gatherings are over, all of the presents are opened, all of the time off from work is over, and the high spirits of the season start to settle back down, the return to normalcy makes that normalcy feel, well, less than normal.

This year, I think the main contributor to my PHD was only taking one extra day off over the holidays and then being asked to go to Chicago the day after New Year's Day for a business trip. It was so weird that the day after cleaning up our place from the party the night before that I was on a plane heading out of town. Now I'm back and the weekend is ever so close, but it seems like the first week of January in this fresh new year was non-existent. Thankfully, I don't have anything big planned for the weekend so I can pack for my vacation to Jamaica that will be here in a week as well as do some more cleaning and make a few attempts to relax and slow down for a bit.

Maybe I'll even get around to playing with some of my Christmas presents! With the family visits, the new year's party, traveling, and other assorted tasks, I haven't even really had a time to play with my Christmas goodies. It'll be nice to have a chance to.

No comments: