Thursday, January 04, 2007

Ebay Still Hates You

Well, it looks like Ebay is hiking up their fees yet again. How is anyone supposed to get any money back for what they sell on that site? Especially if it is a low value item. I can't imagine that it's even worth it any more for listing something on Ebay that may or may not sell and is relatively low value (probably under $25) because Ebay will just destroy you on fees, and then Paypal destroys you even more with their fees.

Why do people still use Ebay? I'm curious. I use Yahoo Auctions. It's free to list you items. It's free to process sales. It might not be the most trafficked auction site out there, but it's free. I have a lot listed over at Yahoo and most of it doesn't really move that quickly, but I can leave it up indefinitely, which is nice, and eventually a chunk of my items sell. And I don't have to worry about having fees assessed.

So Ebay, screw you. I hope people get smart and stop using your crappy ass services.

Update: Here's a link to the actual message on Ebay from their fat, slut bag president Bill Cobb.

No comments: