Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Pictures of the New House

Front of the house

I've finally uploaded some of the pictures that my mom took of my new house while my family came up to look at it. You can check them out here. Now these are from when I was still looking at the house while it was on the market, so there's still some junk in the house that will get cleaned out before I close in April.

What's really getting to me right now is the waiting. I made my first ever trip to the gigantic Ikea by the Mall of America and got way too many ideas for what I want to do, considering the place will be mine and not a rented property or my parents' house, or a friend's house. I can actually do things that I want to do instead of having to leave the place how it is. It's pretty awesome... although I know I'll have to watch the check book because I'll no doubt be tempted to go overboard.

I know that there are a couple of things that need to be done as soon as we get in, but not really too much. One of the main floor bedrooms needs painting as some of it has come off the walls where it looks like things were taped to it. The master bedroom could also be painted because the color isn't all that great and the painting along the corners looks kind of half assed. The only other thing that needs to be done is the installation of a garbage disposal on the kitchen sink, which shouldn't be too tough (I hope). And if the water quality isn't up to snuff we'll need to put in a water softener, but from looking at the bathrooms, kitchen, and appliances, it seems like the previous owners have had great water without using a water softener.

With my closing only a little under a month away, I've got to start packing up my stuff into boxes and portable containers. It's going to be nice to be somewhere that I can plan on staying for as long as I like instead of moving every year or so. I can actually feel at home. It's a big step. I'm growing up... maybe.

No comments: