Monday, March 19, 2007

Sucktasm

Mondays are usually not the greatest day of the week to begin with, but this morning was extra suck-filled. Like usual, I got up, got ready for the day, and grabbed my wallet, keys, blackberry and MP3 player on my way out to catch the bus. Oddly as I grabbed my wallet, when it opened momentarily on its way into my back pocket, something looked different.

Usually I'd chalk it up to still being half asleep that something looked weird, but I thought I'd check it out. The weirdness was my bus pass in the front of my wallet. I pulled it out only to see that it wasn't actually my bus pass--it was an expired transfer pass. Somehow, some way, on Thursday when I took the bus home, the pass reader ate my recently opened $40 bus pass and spit back out a transfer pass to me.

Lucky I noticed before I went down to the bus stop or else I'd have looked pretty dumb trying to get on the bus and realizing that I don't have a pass. And considering the money thingermabob on the bus doesn't give change and I only have 10's in my wallet, I'd have had to walk back home and drive in. As it is, I still got stuck driving in and losing about $35 in unused bus passes. So that was a wonderful start to my morning. Dammit.

No comments: