Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Dead Ceramic Squirrel

deadsquirrel02

Earlier this week, we were supposed to get some strong storms, but instead all we ended up getting were some extremely strong winds. There were many tree branches that came down into the yard, a couple of houses in our area had chunks of trees snap off. For the most part, though, it just blew a lot of stuff over... including one of the ceramic squirrels on the tree in my front yard.

I noticed the poor guy when I had finished making myself a pizzadeia1 and looked out the kitchen window. There I saw one of the two friendly, permanently (or so I thought) affixed squirrels lying in the grass... and then noticed his head wasn't there... because it had rolled over to the driveway. Instantly my mind told me that from the looks of it someone had put out a hit on Frank (the name I'm posthumously giving the squirrel). However, it was just the wind. But still, I'm sad for Frank. I'm going to try to Gorilla Glue the guy back together, but I don't know if it'll hold.

1 A pizzadeia is my combination of a pizza and a quesadia. I take a tortilla shell, lay it out on aluminum foil, put some tomato sauce on it, lay out some pepperoni, sprinkle some garlic onto it, and cover in cheese. It's so wonderfully yummy.

No comments: