Monday, May 07, 2007

Ebay Edges Another One Out

Come June 16th, Yahoo auctions will be no more. Looks like the best free auction site out there couldn't make enough money to stay viable. I have no idea where I'm going to list my comic books, DVDs, and video games now. Ebay is not an option since comics don't sell right away so I'd have to list them multiple times, which costs too much, and then Ebay takes too much of a cut on every sale that by the time all is said and done, I hardly end up with any money and have wasted a ton of time.

Yahoo auctions was great because you could list items for free, let them stay up as long as you wanted, and there was no cut that Yahoo took. Sure, the traffic wasn't nearly what Ebay has, but it was good enough for me to sell a chunk of items here and there.

So what other options are left? It's pretty much Ebay and... Ebay?

No comments: