Tuesday, July 31, 2007

The Celtics Now Legit?

So long, KG, and thanks for the memories. It's sad to see Kevin Garnett go since he has pretty much been the face of the Minnesota Timberwolves for the last decade. I'm sure he wants to play on a winning team--I know I would--but it doesn't change the fact that it's going to be really hard to get behind the Wolves this season.

Most seasons I try to get to at least a few T-Wolves games since I like the team and, more importantly, have always liked watching KG. Now half of the reason I went to games is gone. None of the new guys the Wolves will be getting in the uber-trade with Boston will be able to draw fans like KG did and, frankly, I really don't see myself going to any Wolves games this year.

It's really too bad that we had to lose such a superstar, especially one that wasn't an outright douchebag like most sports stars today (Michael Vick or Barry Bonds, anyone?). I wonder who will be the next star to take up the mantle of being the go-to guy here in Minnesota. There are no real clear contenders right now.

No comments: