Monday, July 30, 2007

Maybe It Wasn't Pink Eye

My eye hasn't gotten totally better yet. Instead, it is less irritated and red, but it still feels like something is in it and my vision can sometimes be a tad blurry. The thing is, I figured out why. It seems like I somehow managed to scratch my cornea. In examining my eye closely in the mirror this weekend, I noticed a spot in the black of my left eye. Thinking maybe I had something in my eye I examined it quite closely and found that instead, it was a scratch on my cornea.

Knowing this, that explains the feeling of constantly having something in my eye when there really isn't. I ended up searching and rubbing to get what I figured was some debris out of my eye at least once every half hour the last week to no avail, but at least I know I wasn't going crazy.

What I wonder now if is I scratched my eye while I had pink eye or if I didn't actually have pink eye but instead my eye was compensating for the scratch and was extra irritated because it was scratched. Who knows?

Now I simply have to wait for it to heal up, which I have no idea how long it'll take. I'm going to venture a guess and say at least a few more days if not more likely a week. It's usually fine as long as there's enough moisture in my eye, which explains the excessive tearing.

So, eye irritation mystery solved.

No comments: