Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Some Michael Vick Fun

As horrible as the whole Michael Vick dog fighting issue is, at least there's one neat thing to come out of it--the Michael Vick chew toy! I know if I had a dog, I'd definitely want one of these (or a few) for my boy to chomp on. The more I read about the horrible distasteful things that were done to the dogs in Vick's and his accomplice's possession, the more furious I become. It's because I really love animals and couldn't imagine attempting to hurt them on purpose.

What kind of a heartless bastard can make an animal feel so much pain, so much anguish, and then kill it for no real good reason? And how can someone do it without feeling even a pang of guilt or pain himself? It's terrible. He has so much money available to him to do basically whatever he wants to do, buy whatever he wants to buy, live however he chooses to live, but what does he do? He continues to live the ghetto-ass, violent lifestyle he probably grew up in. Like a friend told me when discussing this issue, "You can take the man out of the ghetto, but you can't take the ghetto out of the man."

You know, it's been a while since I've gotten extremely riled up over a news story, but for some reason this really pisses me off. Maybe it's because I thought people were above this sort of thing which, obviously, I was wrong about. The human race is sickening sometimes.

No comments: