Monday, October 01, 2007

Sleep? What's That?

Could it be that fall is here? Could it be that I drink way too much coffee and Monster? Might it be that I've been getting through a behemoth cold? Maybe it's because I've been uber-busy at work and want to make sure I get enough non-work activities in each day? Heck, maybe it's just a freakin' chemical imbalance. Any way you look at it, though, sleep just hasn't been something I've been getting much of lately.

Ever since I took the red eye home from Seattle last Monday morning which left me with only a couple of hours of sleep to go on, I've been only getting 6 hours of sleep a night--tops! Last night, for example, I was up until after 1:00 am and then I woke up naturally at around 6:10 am. And it's been like that all last week.

I'm not going to complain too much because who really wants to waste time on sleeping anyways? Well, yeah, I know dreams are cool and waking up after a great night's rest kicks ass and falling asleep soundly after a long day pretty much rules... but beyond that, I think I'd rather do other things. So I have been. Mostly reading and reading and reading.

It's just so weird to go from having a sleep schedule where I'd be getting around 7-8 hours a night to being able to survive just fine on 6 or so. It's like I got my college energy levels back all of the sudden.

No comments: