Friday, August 16, 2002

Catch You Later

First, I’d like to say a fond farewell to Dave Williams, the lead singer of Drowning Pool, who was found dead Wednesday on their tour bus. I really enjoyed all of Drowning Pool’s music and I’ll miss not being able to ever see him live. Let’s hope that a good tribute can be done in his honor.

Now, another farewell. Today is my last day of work for the summer here at Kingland Systems, Inc. I’ve had a great summer and enjoyed most of the time that I spent working here (even though it was a little slow getting anything to do for the first couple weeks—I didn’t mind the free time). Maybe if I’m lucky, after I graduate college, I might be able to pick up a job here. Who knows, but that’s a ways off in the future so I’m not going to really think about it. I’m too busy thinking about how I’ve got an entire week off ahead of me to do absolutely nothing, except pack and move my brother in to Iowa State and see all my home friends for the last time this summer and spend time with my family and…never mind, I guess it won’t be a week off.

I hope that many of the people from Kingland will check this site every so often to see what I’m up to, and I also hope that they keep in touch every now and then. Matt, I want to hear that you’ve become a famous drummer soon. I’ll come rock out at all your shows :-) I’ll probably see Justin and Dustin every now and then as they go to Iowa State with my brother. Pete, well, I live with your son so I’ll probably see you around. Lori & Pat, thanks for coming to my improv shows this summer, I appreciate it. Anyways, all you guys were cool this summer. Keep it real.

Everyone who actually checks this site, well, this is going to be the last post until I get back to college on the 23rd. I hope you all can make it that long without reading my daily lunatic ravings. The lack of an internet connection for my computer at home leaves me with no means of updating. Umm….you can all just use your imagination to pretend like you’re reading something new that I wrote. It’s easy, just think of something you don’t like and rant about it vehemently for 10 minutes or wax poetically about girls for 11 minutes, and you’ve got a daily thought that would do me proud! Well, I’m off. Talk to you all again when I get back to SJU.

No comments: