Thursday, October 10, 2002

Definite Finite Acceptors

I really shouldn’t be taking the time to write this right now, but I needed a break from looking at right linear grammars, regular expressions, and closed quotient properties. I’ve been studying for a big computational theory exam that I have today at 11:20. I think I know most of what there is going to be on the test, but usually when I have this feeling it is not a good thing. I usually only feel confident going into a test if I feel sketchy about the material because then I know I am really struggling to learn it and trying hard to grasp it. When I have this feeling of knowing it all already, then only bad things can happen. I usually forget some important point that everything hinges upon and because of that everything seems simplistic. I hope that isn’t the cast today. We’ll see in a little while, now wont’ we?

After my test I have to run into St. Cloud to pick up tickets to see Sevendust, 30 Seconds to Mars, Cinder, and some other bands on Nov. 9th. Amazingly enough they are coming to play at a small ballroom here in St. Joseph for Rockin’ 101’s anniversary. Tickets will sell out so fast since Sevendust are huge and the venue can probably only hold about 750 people maximum. It’ll be so great to see them in a small, intimate setting. The last time I saw Sevendust I was in the Target Center sitting in the upper deck. They were touring with Creed and 3 Doors Down and even from where I was sitting, I could see that they just owned the show. They’re energy is amazing and I can’t wait to see them play some new songs off of Animosity. Let’s hope there’s tickets left when I get to the Electric Fetus after my test. They just went on sale this morning so I wouldn’t think they’d be sold out yet.

Yesterday was kind of a let-down of a day for the most part. My classes were boring, disc practice was pretty lame, I had to study for my exam, I had astronomy lab, and the Twins lost. I did have a fun time at our philosophy discussion group. Karl, Jeff, and I are in a group that meets every other week to discuss Kripke’s Naming and Necessity. I find the topics very interesting, but Karl and Jeff would rather be sleeping than be there—it’s quite boring to them. Anyhow, I need to get back to looking over my computational theory…

No comments: