Thursday, October 03, 2002

Taking Some Time Off

Ahh, today is basically Friday for me. We have a short college break and we get Friday and Monday off this weekend. I’m looking forward to having that little bit of time off to kind of space out and not worry about my homework. Surprisingly enough I’ve got most of the weekend planned out already, though.

Tonight, when I get back home, Anne is going to take me out to dinner, hopefully at Fiesta Mexicana if it is still open. If not, it will probably be to Applebee’s because everyone from Rochester always goes to Applebee’s or Perkins and no where else. I’ve never understood it—I just go along with the flow. Maybe if Fiesta is closed I can convince her to go to Victoria’s (my favorite restaurant in Roch).

Friday I am basically taking the entire day off and doing nothing. Randy will be at ISU still, Ryan will be at school, and my parents will both be at work so I plan on vegging out in front of the tv and watching some movies I’ve been longing to watch (maybe The Green Mile and The Thin Red Line or Kung Pow and Jackie Brown). I might go to Hayfield’s homecoming game on Friday too if I feel so inclined, but I think I’d feel a little weird going back. I was at Lourde’s homecoming last weekend and that was fine, pretty much because I didn’t know many people whereas at Hayfield’s game I’d probably see a lot of people I really never planned on seeing anymore. Well, we’ll see.

Saturday I had planned to go to the SJU game at Gustavus with Anne, but she had a baby shower come up and decided that would be more fun than going to the Johnnie game (must be a girl thing). Oh well. Jeff was thinking of coming down to visit and going to the game with me so we’ll have to see if that pans out or not. If it doesn’t work out then I’ll probably spend most of Saturday hanging out with the family and catching up with friends from home. Maybe if it’s nice I’ll have a bon fire at my place, just for old times sake.

Sunday, I’ll go back to church to see everyone and definitely say hi to my pastor, who I miss. After that, Anne planned on coming down to my place to visit. Let’s hope those plans don’t change, but if they do I always have our new dog to play with. That’s right, my mommy just got our family a two year old Chow. I’m anxious to see it and play with it. I love animals and any time we get a new one I’m a happy camper, except for Gizmo. I still love the dog, but he’s SO stupid, and it also doesn’t help that he was just randomly given to us by one of our relatives when we didn’t want a new pet at that time. Hopefully, the new doggie will put Gizmo in his place.

Monday my break will come to an end and I will make the long trip back to school. Let’s hope it takes a long time to get to Monday because I’m in no hurry to come back to the massive amount of homework I will obviously have after not doing anything for a weekend. I figure it’ll be good to not worry about anything at all for a few days and then worry hard core about the stuff when I get back. We’ll see how well that works out for me when next week rolls around.

Well, I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and I’ll let you all know how it went when I get back. Later.

No comments: