Monday, December 02, 2002

Thanksgiving Break = Me + 5 Unneeded Pounds of Laziness

Man, it’s been a bit since I’ve put up something new. Sorry for the long drought, but I was on Thanksgiving break and away from my computer. I tried to type out my thoughts and post them via telepathy and telekinesis, but neither one worked out quite so well for me. So would you like a run down of my break? Would you really? No? Well, you’re going to get it anyways so live with it. Let’s start with Tuesday.

Tuesday I headed down to the cities to visit Brittany, a friend from St. Thomas. I got to see her very spacious and exquisite apartment. I’m so jealous of the great amount of space they have there. Two levels, four bedrooms, a huge living room, fireplace and nice and clean, just like most girl apartments are. She also had a lovely and cute little dog that I so enjoyed playing with. I really love animals of any kind and I so much miss not being able to have pets here in our apartment besides my fish. As soon as I get my own place I’m going to have either a cat or dog……or maybe both. I just love the companionship of animals, and it felt nice to see my pets at home this weekend as well, but I digress. I hung out with Brit and her roomies for a while and then we went to go see The Ring. This was such a good movie and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a good scary movie. It’s not perfect, but it is so much better than most of the crappy horror movies that have been put out over the last few years. After the movie, Nikki came over and we just chilled for the rest of the night.

Tuesday night I stayed at my uncle Dave and aunt Melissa’s place in Apple Valley. They have such a nice place and I can only hope to have such a nice place some day. Dave, along with my little cousins, Alex and Thomas, woke me up bright and early at 6:30 am to say hello. Alex and Thomas had to go off to day care and I just chilled at their place while I chatted with Dave and watched sportscenter. I was going to go to the Saliva concert at the Quest that night with my brother and some of his friends, but the show ended up being sold out so I just headed home to see the family a little early and go to our Wednesday night church service.

Thursday was Thanksgiving Day, of course, so what did my family do? Cook a turkey and all the fixings, silly. We had a wonderful day to just ourselves. We had a big meal, watched some football, went to Die Another Day (with Karl, our neighbor, Sheryl, a good friend, and her cousin in tow), then came home and relaxed and went to bed. It was a wonderfully relaxing day and I’m telling you, I needed it.

Black Friday. Was I stupid enough to go shopping on that dreaded of shopping days? Well, of course I was. Me and my two brothers were outside Best Buy at 5:15 am waiting to get in on some monster deals. We ended up making a good haul. My brother, Randy, got some speakers and a new hard drive for his computer. My other brother, Ryan, got Grand Theft Auto. I made a nice little haul and got myself one of those nifty portable DVD players, a new hard drive, some cdrs, and some DVD’s for my parents to give me for Christmas (I know that it’s kind of sad that I pick out some of my Christmas presents, but my parents think it is better than them buying me something that I don’t want or need). I’d wanted to get a portable DVD player for so long and I finally managed to get one. I was SO happy! The rest of the day consisted of me hanging out with my family and then watching Kung Pow! with my mom and dad that night (let’s just say my mom didn’t care for the movie so much).

Saturday was more hanging out with the family and also with Sheryl and Daniel for a little while in the afternoon. It was good to see them again and catch up. Later that night Randy left to go to a wedding reception, Ryan left to visit friends, and my mom left to go to a concert with my grandma, so it was only me and dad left at home. Since we didn’t have much to do, we broke into the DVD collection and broke out Pi, a movie we knew the rest of the family wouldn’t really watch, so we figured it was our chance to watch something a little different. I absolutely love this movie and it must have been the third or fourth time I’ve seen it. Anyone who is interested in math, conspiracies, insanity, reality/unreality, and thinking should definitely see this movie. I cannot recommend it enough to you. Anyhow, after that Ryan came home and I spent the rest of the night playing NFL Blitz and Demolition Racer with him on Dreamcast. Fun times.

Sunday was church and then the drive back to school. I got back, unpacked, did some running (I have to lose the poundage I amassed during break), and then went to visit Nicole and Amanda. More fun times. Then I got up this morning and had to go to work and classes……fun times had ended. Well, it’s not all that bad, I guess. I enjoy my classes that I had today. I guess I just didn’t like waking up early and going to work again. Oh well. I have to get back into the swing of things quick, though, as I only have two weeks until finals and I’ll be having three cumulative ones so I’ll need to start riding the study horse soon. Well, that was what went on while I was gone. I hope this extra long thought (for those of you that made it all the way to the end) was able to make up for the days of no updates.

No comments: