Monday, March 17, 2003

St. Patty's Day

Happy St. Patrick’s Day everyone! I know this is one of those “lesser” holidays, but I hope you all get a chance to kick back and do something fun today. I always enjoy this holiday a lot, mostly because I know that my birthday is only a day away, but in the last couple of years I haven’t enjoyed this holiday as much as I used to, mainly because I don’t really like having birthdays anymore. I think when I turned 20, I reached the age where birthdays are no longer cool or fun, but are instead dreaded and evil. I just don’t really like getting older, but I won’t complain about that today because you’ll get an earful of it tomorrow.

Yesterday continued the three day streak of wonderful weather. I could hardly keep myself inside to do anything. I did manage to get a good amount of homework accomplished in the morning because it was pretty cloudy and dreary out, but once it got nice outside I couldn’t stay locked in my room any more. I went for a light walk around campus again just enjoying the warmth and sun, and then changed into old clothes once again for a run out by the lake. After the run, I had to change quick and head to CSB for volleyball. I ended up playing a solid three hours of volleyball, and this was only shortly after a 4 mile or so run. By the time I got home at 10:30 pm, I was ready to just pass out for the night. My body was telling me that I had abused it, but my heart appreciated all the fun I had.

Ok, now for some nerdy news. My brother, Randy, is coming up to visit Wednesday and he’s bringing with him his broken MP3 player (that he originally got from me) to exchange at Best Buy since I was smart enough to put a 4-year warranty on it. I usually wouldn’t put one of their warranties on anything I buy since it is a huge rip-off, but with MP3 players, I’m sure I’ll break them sometime while running or working out. This is actually the third MP3 player that I have had break so I know to make sure I keep them covered on warranty. Anyhow, I’m going to see if I can exchange it for one of the Archos 20 GB MP3 players with the built in MP3 recording. This might not be that big of a deal to most, but it is to me. With a built in recorder, I can take this non-conspicuous MP3 player to concerts and record them. All I would need would be a good microphone for it. I could finally get into recording my own concerts which would be way sweet. Randy, of course, would get my Archos 5 GB player that I have now to use.

No comments: