Monday, March 03, 2003

What’s Four Letters Long, Starts With an X, and Ends in “box”?

So the first couple of days of break have been uneventful just as I thought they would be. Saturday I watched Jackie Brown, some tv, a couple Family Guy episodes and read about half of Remains of the Day. It was one of those days where I was semi-lazy and semi-productive. There really isn’t much else to say about Saturday because it was just that absolutely low-key.

Sunday, yesterday, was pretty uneventful too. I got up and did some reading for my ethics and law class to get it out of the way. After that I packed up some things that I wanted to take home over break to just get out of my room so I don’t have to worry about bringing it home later during graduation time. After a little while I got bored and decided to go into St. Cloud with Jared and get all the wireless networking equipment my parents are going to need to set up a network to distribute the internet from their brand new satellite connection to the three computers in the house. Along with getting all of the network stuff, I also made one other big purchase for myself, something I’ve wanted for quite a while, something I couldn’t really bring myself to get for the last year or so, but I finally couldn’t resist and after seeing the special Best Buy had on it, I bought an Xbox.

I had wanted to get one for so long but never have because I haven’t been able to justify spending $200 on a video game system. I couldn’t resist, though, with the deal Best Buy had. I got the Xbox, the new smaller controller, three games, and a $20 gift card to Best Buy if I bought it this week. Not being able to resist, I put it on their plan for no interest financing for six months. That leaves me until almost the end of summer to actually have to pay for it and I think I’ll be able to have that much scrounged up by then.

Most of the rest of the day consisted of Jared and me playing Amped and X-Men. I also got Sega GT 2002, Gunvalkyrie, and Jet Set Radio Future. I haven’t tried the last three yet, but I’m sure I’ll get around to it soon. One of the main reasons that I wanted an Xbox over, say, a Playstation 2 or Gamecube is mainly the price of the games for Xbox. There might not be nearly as many as Playstation, but they go down in price much faster than the competing two systems. I can’t really afford to be dropping $50 on games all the time.

Later after much video game playing Theresa came over to hang out since she was still up here for a couple of days because she has to work. We watched the Simpsons, Malcom in the Middle, and That 70’s Show before playing some X-Men. When we got sick of that we popped in One Hour Photo. My goodness, that was a psychologically creepy movie. After that I just watch Adult Swim on the Cartoon network and then played some more X-Men before I hit the sack for the night.

Now either tonight or early tomorrow morning I’m going back home for a few days to visit my family and such so I won’t be able to put up anything new. Hopefully you can all make it that long without anything from me. I’m sure you’re all capable. I’ll be back in a few days!

No comments: