Monday, August 25, 2003

The Xbox Will Be Popular this Year

Well, I am now moved back in at college and well situated. For some reason this year the way that we have our room set up and me bringing a lot less stuff has made my room seem much bigger. Of course we don’t have Karl and his stuff moved in yet, but I’m sure he won’t have too much stuff as he didn’t really last year. It’s an interesting feeling to be back. I’m happy to be back and I love being up here, but also I don’t want anyone else here on campus. I know that’s an odd thing to say, but that’s exactly how I feel right now.

I like the openness of campus right now with only the limited number of people here. If only the campus could be populated by all my friends and a few other people. I really have no desire to see both campuses overrun with stupid freshmen. They always seem to be the crux of all the crap that happens on campus. If something gets broke, it’s usually them. If someone is being obnoxiously drunk, it’s probably a freshman. Someone acting like they’re better than everyone else around them—it’s a freshman. They just don’t know how campus works and what it is like here and this always causes so many odd little problems……well, maybe they’re not really problems but more so annoyances. Yes, I know that I was once a freshman, but I also think that I was an abnormal freshman in that I wasn’t stupid like the majority of every year’s freshman class.

I suppose I shouldn’t rail on the freshman too much, but almost every time someone does something to piss me off up here it’s usually a freshman just being dumb. Instead of having the worthless orientation sessions that they do up here, they should have an orientation session telling all the freshman not to be total nutsacs. I’d actually help with that orientation. I’d fill them full of stuff they need to know like not to get uber-plowed every night of their first week here. Or how about not to ask every hot girl they meet for their phone number or if they want to come over. If only they realized that they get hounded over and over so much that they’re not going to give it to you. Also, don’t just go through the dorms from room to room stopping in and being intruding. You might think you’re getting to know people, but you’re actually an intrusion. Girls, don’t wander around the guy dorms all the time, it’s not going to get you a boyfriend, it’s going to give you the reputation of being easy and looking for some sweaty lovin’. Show up to your classes. Just because class is optional now doesn’t mean that skipping won’t hurt your grades. Well, I could go on and on, but would it really help to tell them? I’m pretty sure most of them are hopeless and just have to figure it out for themselves.

Now on a completely different note, Kristin and I picked up a couple of new Xbox games—Tao Feng and MechAssault. I had been wanting to get MechAssault for a very long time now and the price was finally low enough where I could justify buying it. That, and I had a Best Buy gift card to use as well! The hype behind MechAssault is well deserved. Being a fan of all the Battletech games that were released for the PC, this game had a lot to live up to and it’s doing it so far. I’m not too far into it, but I’m already extremely impressed by it.

Tao Feng got bought on a whim while we were visiting Electronics Boutique. We were looking to see how much Bloodrayne was because Kristin has had a hankering to get that game for a while. As we were looking we picked Tao Feng and it looked pretty cool. Being only $25 and since it was a fighting game, we decided to split the cost and buy it. We were not disappointed. It is a lot of fun and I think it might have knocked X-Men off of its fighting game throne in our apartment. The only bad thing about the game really doesn’t have to do with the game, it has to do with me sucking at it. Kristin and Jared continually kick my ass over and over. I think for every round that I win they manage to come out ahead 5 times. I guess I’ll just have to practice some more.

Well, Karl should be getting here sometime soon, so I suppose I should clean up a little and finish putting all of my stuff away so he can move in without any of my stuff being in his way. Man, it feels so much like last year already……

No comments: