Tuesday, December 30, 2003

I Feel Like I Could Die

I’ve wanted to post for a while now, but a combination of me starting work and being sick as a dog has kept me from putting much up. I’m still uber-sick, but I wanted to let you all know that I’m still alive. For the past week I’ve had some type of mutating sickness. It started out with a scratchy throat, which soon became a full-fledged sore throat accompanied with swollen glands and an onset of coughing. From there the sore throat died away but the coughing only increased exponentially. Today there was a lull in the coughing but most of the afternoon (and currently) I’ve been nauseous and my head has been pounding with a killer headache. As I’m getting ready for bed my cough is picking up again to help ensure that I have yet another night of restlessness. I really hope that I get better soon.

Oddly enough I was thinking back to last year and at this time I was also extremely sick. I remember being in my apartment at school New Year’s Eve with Kristin. I was lying on the couch rotating between being icy cold and scorching warm while Kristin took care of me. I’m heading to St. Cloud or the Twin Cities (I’m not sure which yet) to spend New Year’s with Kristin again, and it appears that I may be in the same condition as last year.

Ok, I’m really done and ready for bed so I’m going to let this go and try to get some rest, assuming I can stop coughing long enough to fall asleep. I hope that all of you are having a better Christmas break than I am because if you’re not, I really feel sorry for you.

No comments: