Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Jumping Right On In

Man, right off the bat there hasn't been a shortage of work to do. I've jumped right in here at my new job and already have had plenty to do today and yesterday and for the next couple of weeks I've had a nice, big project put on me. Most jobs ease you in, but since I'm already quite experienced in the realm of what I'm doing for my new employer, I've been tossed head first into the fray.

Now I'm not really complaining about it too much because it really makes me feel useful, but it also makes me wonder if I shouldn't have taken a week or two off between jobs instead of starting up right away at my new position. It would have been nice to have had a week or two to do nothing, but with the couple of sick days I took last week and the week before, I at least got a little bit of time to slow down.

It's going to be interesting to see what my hours are going to be like going forward (side note: 3 occurences of the word "going" in one sentence... whew!). Since I'm working with people internationallly there might be some weird hours I have to put in. The first example is tomorrow when I'll be on a teleconference starting at 8:30 pm.

Regardless, I'm happy to be at my new job and I think, even though it'll be tougher than my last job, I'll feel a lot more validated, needed, appreciated, and personally satisfied. Let's rock n' roll!

No comments: