Monday, May 01, 2006

Don't You Get the Joke?

Who, in their right mind, would invite Stephen Colbert to speak at the White House Correspondent's Dinner? Did they think that his show was serious and not a total parody of the ultra-conservative Republican stereotype? Regardless, only hilarity could ensue and I'm sorry I missed it.

Since I don't have cable yet (Time Warner / Roadrunner just doesn't want my business all that quickly, do they?), I was forced to miss the address, but managed to read the transcript of it and, damn, did I wish I could have seen it. How awesome is it that someone was dumb enough to book Colbert and not think he'd skewer the hell out of the Republican party and the President himself? I'll tell you, more awesome than a gigantic sack of awesome covered in awesome sauce delivered to your front door by the awesome man.

[Update: I finally saw the address as it is now up on YouTube. Hilarious as ever. Watch it in pieces here, here, and here.]

No comments: