Tuesday, June 13, 2006

If I Could Have Had 3 Months Off

Sometimes I wish I lived and worked over in Europe because it seems like they have so much more time off than those of us living here stateside. I only get 22 days off a year, which I know is a lot more than some people get (it is about a month), but I still want more days off. It would have been really nice to have had about three months off this summer so that I could have attempted a cross country bike trip with my friend Caleb.

In lieu of my actual attendance, as well as the inability for most people with actual jobs to go with, Caleb and the people he is biking with have set up a blog of their adventures. You can check it out over here at Bike Across America 2006. It's been a lot of fun reading about their adventures as they bike their way eastward across the US.

Now maybe when they come through Minnesota I'll bike with them for a bit, but before I could do that I'll need to get myself a bike. I don't have one here in St. Louis Park and my old, junker bike got, well, junked back home because of the terrible shape it was in. So maybe I won't bike with them, but I'll try to say hi at least.

No comments: