Monday, July 17, 2006

New Babies!

new kittens

Of course with summer comes new babies and this year's kittens out on my parents' farm are as cute as ever. Above is a picture of two of them. The little gray guy on the bottom looks just like my baby Stitch, who is two years old now this summer. It's so eerie to think that it has been two years already since we rescued him when he was about this size.

I was talking to my dad about this on the phone the other day, about how it seems like just a little while ago that something, like finding Stitch, happened when in reality it has been quite the significant amount of time. Looking back, it's now been over two and a half years since I've been out of college. Where the hell did all that time go? It's been over a decade since I was in middle school, and two decades ago I was just starting school.

"Time goes on," my dad tells me. And it does. There is no slowing it down, no matter how hard we wish we could. Every day has only 24 hours in it. And there's only 60 minutes in each one of those hours. We let so much time slip away, slip through our fingers, and go unnoticed and unrealized until it is long past.

This weekend I have realized how quickly time has gone by and how I definitely should have done some things sooner, some things I kept pushing off because I wanted every last thing to be perfect, and now after looking back with a more introspective eye I know that I let time continue on its course without doing what I know I should have done.

"Time goes on," my dad tells me. And it does. It really does.

No comments: