Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Really, REALLY Bad Movies

When wondering how good a movie is, I often consult Rotten Tomatoes to see what critics have said about it. At times I agree with the general consensus of the critics listed and at other times, I don't. It is usually a pretty decent barometer to gauge expectations when going into a film. Interestingly, RT has recently posted a list of their 100 worst rated films. Needless to say, this intrigued me, not just because I wanted to see what movies got panned the worst, but to see how many I've actually seen.

In the past, I had a habit of going to see really crappy looking movies for the MST3K factor. I don't do this as much any more because I don't have as much free time blow on movies that really don't deserve to be watched by anyone... ever. Looking over the list, however, I was surprised to see that I've only actually seen 11 of the 100 worst rated movies. And out of the top 10, I had only seen one--Half Past Dead, coming in at number 10. Kind of disappointing, actually.

No comments: