Monday, April 30, 2007

Not Just Me, I See

It's nice to know that I'm not the only one who has had immense amounts of frustration and never ending horror stories with everyone's favorite cable and internet provider--Comcast. According to this MSN Money article our friends in Comcast have the 3rd worst customer service according to a survey of customers.

I know I'd define my experiences with Comcast as "horrendous" on a very generous day. The incompetence of that company is dumbfounding. About a week ago, I went to watch a Twins game in the basement, but when I turned on our Comcast receiver (which we have to use to get HD channels) not a single channel came in. They all simply told me "This channel will be available shortly." I waited an hour and then called Comcast.

"I'm sorry, but somehow your account was accidentally deactivated. I will go reactivate it and you should have service returned shortly, " was the reason I was given. How do you just accidentally deactivate someone's account?

Anyways, I don't want to complain about a crappy ass cable company too much. I have plenty of other frustrating things to deal with... such as my salaried position being treated like it should be hourly, which is ridiculous, but that's a story for another day.

No comments: